Let’s sing a different kind of blues together. Enjoy a weekend of calm and fun, and join us in learning more about the Blue Butterfly Pea!
The blue butterfly pea is almost ubiquitous in several Southeast Asian cultures, possibly because the plant is also native to this region, growing easily in our crazy hot weather.
Lately, the blue blooms have been given a revival. Having proven to be ‘Instagram-worthy’, strikingly beautiful blue culinary creations have paved the way for the new generation to discover this heritage-rich plant.
Join Edible Garden City and Funan on a fun exploration into the wonderful blue butterfly pea plant, in the brand-new workshop “BLue GeNEs - All About the Blue Butterfly Pea”.
In this session, join our farmers for a live virtual tour of the Funan Urban Farm, before we delve into the deep blue world of the butterfly pea flower. Find out about:
- The nutritional and health benefits of blue butterfly pea.
- How to grow blue butterfly pea and how to care for it.
- Fun ways to use blue butterfly pea in dishes.
- How to brew and enjoy a perfect cup of tea using farm-dried blue butterfly pea flowers.
The session also includes a guided hands-on session, when you will prepare your own planting medium and sow blue butterfly pea seeds. Soon, you’ll be on your way to nurturing your own glorious blue pea plant!
As part of the workshop, you will receive:
- A Butterfly Blue Pea Grow Kit - a packet of potting mix, seeds and self-watering planter (worth $29).
- A medium plant pot and a bag soil to transplant the seedling.
- A packet of dried blue butterfly pea flowers to make tea.
About the Blue Butterfly Pea Flower
Practically no scent or flavour. Vivid deep blue colour flowers. Flower is rich in anthocyanin, a potent antioxidant that is also what gives it its fascinating colour-changing properties. The antioxidants in butterfly pea can rejuvenate the skin by stimulating collagen synthesis and lessen the signs of ageing. The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of flower extract can also help alleviate pain and reduce fevers.
About Funan Urban Farm
Edible Garden City's 7th floor urban farm at Funan is an educational showcase of indoor and soil-based farming, as well as vertical growing and aquaculture. One of the few urban farms in Singapore open to the public, and the first urban farm to be designed into a Singapore shopping mall from the onset, it is an example of how farming can be seamlessly integrated into city living.
This workshop is recommended for young adults and adults aged 13 and above. Please note that the online class will be conducted in English.
📆 28 November 2020, Saturday
⏰ 10am to 12pm
🎟️ $68 / pax (U.P. $88), including all taxes and materials
💻 🔵 🌱 🖥️
BLue GeNEs - All About the Blue Butterfly Pea Workshop (28.11.20)
1. All workshop tickets are non-refundable.
2. Any exchange of workshop dates or participant names will be considered on case-by-case basis. Participants should inform us of any proposed changes at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days before the actual day of the workshop.
3. In the case of no-show, late attendance or early departure, no refund, replacement, make-up or exchange will be made.
4. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice at any time and at the sole discretion of Edible Garden City Pte Ltd.
5. Please ensure that all information provided to Edible Garden City Pte Ltd is accurate. Should any of the provided information be untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Edible Garden City Pte Ltd will not be held responsible or liable for incomplete/failed delivery of the service/product.