Ever dreamt of growing your own food at home, but didn't know how to start? This Father's Day, spend some quality time as a family and learn how to foster your green thumbs with our How to Start an Edible Garden at Home workshop.
Simply put: gardening is great! Not only do you get to taste the literal fruits of your labour, studies have also shown that gardening combats, stress, depression, and anxiety, and can contribute to better physical health.
Learn the basics of setting up your family's own edible garden at home, whether in your balcony, garden, or along your HDB corridor.
During this workshop, learn:
- The types of herbs and vegetables that are suitable to be grown in our climate.
- Light and soil requirements.
- How to pick the best planting receptacle.
- Pest management.
- Considerations when gardening at home.
This workshop will include a hands-on portion, where participants will learn how to sow seeds and propagate stem cuttings. You'll be able to take your hands-on project (pot, potting mix and plants) home, along with an instructional handout that will guide you in your edible gardening journey.
THIS WORKSHOP IS HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH WANDER WONDER EVENT.
Date: 15 June 2019, Saturday
Time: 330pm - 430pm, 5pm - 6pm
Venue: 10 Spottiswoode Park Road Singapore 088637
Price: $48 / pax, including all taxes and materials
How to Start an Edible Garden at Home workshop (15.06.2019)
In the spirit of sustainable living and eco-consciousness, we would like to urge everyone to bring your own bag to carry your take-aways home after your workshop session!
1. All workshop tickets are non-refundable.
2. Participants are required to show proof of purchase by producing the workshop tickets in digital or physical form.
3. Any exchange of workshop dates or participant names will be considered on case-by-case basis. Participants should inform us of any proposed changes at email@example.com at least 3 days before the actual day of the workshop.
4. In the case of no-show, late attendance or early departure, no refund, replacement, make-up or exchange will be made.
5. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice at any time and at the sole discretion of Edible Garden City.
6. Tickets are required for all attendees above the age of 2. Each accompanying parent can bring 1 child aged 2 and below for free.