The more comfortable you are dressed, the better you learn - is this theory true? Well, as intrepid (very amateur) researchers here at Edible Garden City, we are going to test this hypothesis, with an online class! This time, we are diversifying our sample size and launching our very first family-centric session, inspired by our long-running The Family That Farms Together series! Gather the family, put on your most comfortable (no-problems-getting-a-little-dirt-on) clothes, and join us for "Pyjama-based Family Fun: Growing Microgreens and Creating Nature Art"!
Even though our kids are back in school, we want to keep the momentum of creating happy family memories going. Gardening and art are two great ways to help the whole family unwind and focus on happy times together. Join us for our workshop to learn how to grow super-nutritious microgreens (fail-safe even for the newest/youngest gardeners), while getting the creative juices flowing in a nature art pot decoration activity!
In this session, we’ll keep both parents and children engaged with the following topics:
- What are microgreens, and why are they so healthy?
- Showcase the wonderful array of colourful and interesting local edible flowers and leaves grown at our farm.
- How to grow microgreens at home.
- Fun and tasty ways to use microgreens in your homecooked meals.
During the hands-on segment,
- Get crafty: Decorate your clay pot with a wide array of pressed flowers and leaves harvested from our farm (size of the clay pot might vary).
- Get growing: Prepare your own planting medium and sow microgreens seeds.
Families can then choose what to do with their microgreens. They can either harvest the stems at 2-3 weeks for a farm-to-table experience, or continue to grow and nurture the baby plants to maturity in their decorated pots! All materials will be shipped to you before the workshop, so that you can grow along with our trainers! Class sizes will be kept very small, to give a more intimate experience despite the virtualness of it all, so sign up now!
*To facilitate parents and children taking part in the workshop together, you may sign up for a parent-child (2 sets of materials) or family bundle (4 sets of materials).
This workshop is for families with young children aged 4-12 years old. Hence, adults must be accompanied with at least one child aged 4-12 years old. All children must be accompanied by at least one adult.
Please note that the online class will be conducted in English.
📆 11 July 2020, Saturday
⏰ 1030am to 12pm, 230pm to 4pm
🎟 $40 / parent child bundle* (2 sets of materials),
$75 / family bundle (4 sets of materials)
Prices include all taxes and materials
🌱 💻 👨👩👧👦 🖥️ 🎨
Pyjama-based Family Fun: Growing Microgreens and Creating Nature Art (11.07.20)
1. All workshop tickets are non-refundable.
2. Any exchange of workshop dates or participant names will be considered on case-by-case basis. Participants should inform us of any proposed changes at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days before the actual day of the workshop.
3. In the case of no-show, late attendance or early departure, no refund, replacement, make-up or exchange will be made.
4. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice at any time and at the sole discretion of Edible Garden City Pte Ltd.
5. Please ensure that all information provided to Edible Garden City Pte Ltd is accurate. Should any of the provided information be untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Edible Garden City Pte Ltd will not be held responsible or liable for incomplete/failed delivery of the service/product.