Our staple Junior Urban Farmer Programme is back and better than before! Our second version of Camp Junior Urban Farmer is 3 days of farm, fun and friendship.
The budding young farmers will immerse themselves into farm life, picking up hard skills like gardening, composting and cooking, as well as soft skills like critical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork. Set in our closed loop farm turned outdoor classroom, we also hope to inculcate an appreciation for nature, and a vigour for sustainability.
Our friendly and knowledgeable urban farmers will guide them through three themed-mornings:
Day 1: Let’s get our hands dirty!
- Meet our farmers, and take a multi-sensory tour of our farm.
- Pick up tips and tricks of gardening, from growing plants from seed to taking care of mature plants.
- Practice their new skills in the garden.
Day 2: Feeding our planet and animal friends
- Learn the importance of growing food responsibly.
- Find out how to turn waste into compost.
- Feed our chickens!
- Get creative and turn plant material into pieces of art.
Day 3: Farm to table to tummy
- Learn the proper way of harvesting produce.
- Preparing a farm-to-table lunch using the produce harvested, and enjoying the meal with new friends.
- Tea-making and baking of cookies.
Help us empower our youths and help them open their eyes to the future while staying connected to nature and the community in a fun and educational way! Join us for Camp JUF this December!
Suitable for children aged 4-12 years old. Sign up now! For the best learning experience for your child, only a limited number of spaces are available.
Date: 02 December 2019 (Monday) to 04 December 2019 (Wednesday)
Day 1: 9am to 12pm
Day 2: 9am to 12pm
Day 3: 11am to 4:30pm
Venue: Edible Garden City, 60 Jalan Penjara Singapore 149375
Price: 3 day bundle at $250, Single day at $90
Prices include all taxes and materials
*To purchase 1 or 2 days only, place selected sessions into Cart.
CAMP Junior Urban Farmer DECEMBER Holiday Programme (02.12.2019 to 04.12.2019)
In the spirit of sustainable living and eco-consciousness, we would like to urge everyone to bring your own bottle to recycle and to bring your own bag to carry your take-aways home after your workshop session!